Living on campus can be one of the most rewarding aspects of the UVM experience. Students may never again come in contact with such a variety of individuals in one community.
MAIN DESK SERVICES
Each residential complex has a main desk that serves as a resource hub where residents receive their mail and other deliveries, borrow recreational or cleaning equipment, and can find answers to all sorts of questions.
MAIN DESK HOURS
Monday-Friday: 10:00 a.m.-11:00 p.m.
Saturday, Sunday & University Holidays: Noon-11:00 p.m.
- Custodial staff cleans common hallway bathrooms in traditional-style residence housing.
- Residents in suite or private-style housing are responsible for cleaning their own bathrooms. If bathrooms are not keep in a reasonably clean condition, all residents sharing that bathroom may incur extra-cleaning charges.
- Review bathroom types at at Costs and Fees, room rates and styles.
KEYS AND ACCESS
sign for your room key at check-in
Always carry your room key with you. Lock your door whenever you leave your room and before you go to sleep. If you get locked out, you can borrow a temporary loaner key free up to three times a year. There is a $25 charge for a fourth lockout.
- WHAT IF YOU LOSE YOUR KEY? Submit a Fix-it to request a lock change, unless you would like it done immediately. In that case, contact your main desk, RA, or UVM Police. There is a $55 charge for a lost or unreturned room key.
use your CATcard for building access + dining
Always carry your CATcard with you. Create a WEBcard account so you can shut off your CATcard if you misplace it. Never attach your key to your CATcard. If you lose them together, your room can be identified.
Each complex has at least one kitchen with an oven/stove unit that residents are welcome to use for cooking and baking. Everyone is expected to clean the kitchen after using it. Cookware is not provided.
High-efficiency washers & dryers are located in each residential complex.
MAIL AND PACKAGES
You will receive your mailbox number and combination at check-in. Each residential complex has its own mailroom.
Please do not ship packages until the week before halls open. Be sure to have things addressed to you (not your parents). Be sure to use zip code 05405. Mail and packages with incorrect address information may be delayed or returned.
YOUR MAILING ADDRESS
Your first and last name
Your residence hall name and room (or mailbox) #
Street address for your complex (check list)
Burlington, VT 05405
- UPS, FedEx, etc. drivers deliver packages directly to each complex mailroom, and our desk staff signs for them.
- U.S. Mail and Priority Mail packages are first received by UVM's Print & Mail Center and then delivered to each complex mailroom.
- We log packages into our Track-it system and residents receive an email notification.
- We require a UVM ID to pick up a package. Residents may not pick up a package for someone else.
PHONES AND TECHNOLOGY
All residence halls have at least one phone on each floor that residents are welcome to use for emergencies, or to make outgoing local calls. To make long-distance calls, a pre-paid calling card is needed. There is no landline service in student rooms.
All student rooms and common areas have wi-fi (wireless) access. Each student room has two Ethernet jacks, and residents can connect to the UVM network either way. For optimal speed when streaming & for gaming, we recommend you bring a 25-foot Ethernet cable. Due to network security, routers, hubs, sniffers, or wireless access points are not allowed. Read more about Information Technology.
Due to the popularity of online TV, there is no cable TV. To set up a smart TV:
- Check your smart TV product info to see if you can connect directly to a “wired” (Ethernet) network
- If you can, use TV setup info to find your TVs MAC address
- Visit go.uvm.edu/playonline and fill out the form, including the MAC address of your TV
- Devices that connect wirelessly must support WPA2 Enterprise encryption standards to work UVM wireless networks
- Check Device Menu for WPA2 Enterprise settings
- Use your UVM NetID and password when prompted
For more info, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 802-656-2604